Top 5 Women's Safety AppsPOSTED:
The Life360 app is probably the most popular women's safety app today. It’s available for iOS devices, so almost everyone can use it. The app allows you to keep track of your locations through GPS tracking, send them messages with your location, set a schedule for daily check-ins, and use Safe Zones—the ability to notify someone when you arrive at or leave a place. It is compatible with all iPhone models that carry iOS 11 and up.
Features and Plans
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance
- ID Theft Protection
- Disaster Response
- Medical Assistance
- All of Gold, and more…
- 30 days of Location History
- Unlimited Place Alerts
- Individual Driver Reports
- Crash Detection + Dispatch
- All of Silver, and more…
- 5 Place Alerts to stay in step
- 7 days of Location History
- $100 in Stolen Phone Coverage
- Family Driving Summary
iSharing is an app that lets you share your location with friends and family in real-time. It’s best for those times when you’re at work or out of town and want to make sure loved ones know where you are. You can also add notes or send voice messages if it seems like a text isn’t enough. It has some great built-in safety features, including a panic button and GPS tracking in case your phone gets lost or stolen. Available on iOS and it's compatible with all iPhone models that carry iOS 11 and up.
Features and Plans
For a month - $9.20
For a year - $82.50
- Unlimited access to map
- Set up unlimited places and get notified automatically when friends enter or leave a place
- Location history for 30 days
- Free of Ads
- Real-time location of family members on a private map
- Real-time alerts when a family member arrives at or leaves destinations
- Automatic notifications when a family member is nearby
- Location finder for stolen phones or lost phones with finding my phone feature
- Shake your phone to send the Panic Alert in an emergency.
- Turn your phone into a walkie-talkie with iSharing finder and enjoy free voice messages
- See the history of your family members' whereabouts
LocateMe is an iPhone app that locates and communicates with other LocateMe users via their iPhones, allowing people to get help if they are in trouble. Once you download LocateMe to your iPhone, all you have to do is push a button. The app will then use your GPS information and send it along with your contact information to the police so that they can quickly track down where you are.
This app is great not only if you need assistance but also if you get lost. It's free of charge and you can pinpoint your exact coordinates even if you lose signal on your iPhone!
My SafetyPin App
My SafetiPin was designed to observe and calculate the area's safety score and alert you through notifications. The app ranks places by auditing them under 9 parameters: lighting, visibility, openness, number of people around you, presence of security guards, public transportation available, feeling (how safe you feel there), gender usage (percentage of genders near you), and walk path (roads or spaces to walk for you). It is also a free app.
The app collects your location data and analyses it to estimate the area's safety score. In addition, you can use the app to search for alternative routes to avoid unsafe areas.
With a single click, the app lets you call emergency contacts. In addition, it’s one of the best apps for women’s safety, offering features like lighting availability, the openness of the location, security, etc. to provide a safety score.
The Ultimate Blue-tiful Experience: Blue Parks and Marine Conservation
WOMEN IN TECH & THE GENDER GAP
How Companies like Loop Are closing the gap in the industry