Don't Be Fooled! 10 Facts You Need to Know About Purchasing Refurbished Apple ProductsPOSTED:
1) Get the Latest Operating SystemiOS 12 is scheduled for release in September 2022. While your hardware might not be as up to date as it would if you purchased a new phone or computer, there are still numerous benefits of buying refurbished. If you’re set on getting the latest software version and have your eye on a refurbished device, then rest assured that if you buy from a reputable source, your refurbished iPhone, MacBook, Apple Watch or iPad, will come with the latest IOS version. This should ensure that your refurbished device has everything it needs to run smoothly and flawlessly. It's also important to note that your device may not always receive security updates immediately after they're released. The update process can take several weeks depending on how long it takes Apple to approve updates. Keep in mind though, all security patches will eventually get approved so while you may need to wait a few weeks, you'll eventually get them all when they're released. Here are some things you should know before purchasing a refurbished Apple product
2) Official refurbished models are certifiedEven though they’re cheaper, official refurbished models are certified and come with an extended warranty. That’s because they’ve been cleaned and inspected by certified technicians, which means you can enjoy complete peace of mind as far as functionality goes. If you do happen to run into any problems, you can also contact Apple directly for help with technical support. This is not something that applies to all third-party retailers who sell refurbished products, so make sure you research your options first before making a final decision.
Our expert technicians have been testing refurbished Apple products for years, and throughout many continents. Our Certified Refurbished stamp is something we stand by.
3) Buy directly from a reputable source
As you’ll see in some of our disclaimers below, it’s easy to purchase a refurbished Apple product that turns out to be anything but. There are some great deals on used iPads and iPhones online, but consumers should proceed with caution. For example, purchasing a cell phone or other electronic device directly from Amazon is not necessarily an assurance of quality—especially when dealing with Chinese counterfeit sellers who have been known to take a fake product and re-sell it as refurbished. Your best bet is purchasing directly from another retailer, since these companies often conduct quality control checks and will make sure you get what you paid for.
You also want to be able to have customer support at your disposal; something re-sellers on marketplaces won't be able to deliver.
4) Check third party features like cameras, video, microphones etc.
Before purchasing a refurbished product, it is important to make sure that all of its components work correctly. For instance, make sure your refurbished iPhone or MacBook Pro has a high-quality camera and microphone. It may seem obvious, but you would be surprised how many companies skip over these features when they sell a refurbished product.
We recommend purchasing directly from us, since we guarantee that we have carefully taken our time in testing all your refurbished product's features. Our technicians love to test the cameras by taking fun selfies!
5) Check the conditions listed for the device
At Loop, we designed a strict parameter to classify conditions on the devices we sell. We take pride in providing a transparent transaction with our valued consumer. You should cosmetically expect to receive the device according to our internal rating:
Fair: Signs of use (visible scratches, dents found on the screen or body of the device)
Good: Light, but obvious scratches that may be visible on screen or body of the device)
Very Good: Screen may have signs of light wear that are not visible when device is in operational mode
Pristine: Like new, flawless screen and body
Excellent: We dare you to not think it's brand new
6) Make sure the device comes with original accessories
So you are set on buying a refurbished iphone12 and a MacBook pro, but...what about accessories? Will it come with an adapter and a charger? Will you have to buy them separately?
These are all important questions that you should ask when purchasing refurbished products from online retailers. I know it's tempting to just buy them without asking these things, but they're going to be on your mind at some point and you'll regret not being more thorough in your search.
7) Check the battery life
The battery life on a phone must be the number one concern of most refurbished device shoppers. Here at Loop, we have set a standard for our devices, meaning that we do not offer any that comes with at least an 80% of battery life or above. Most phone's batteries can last a full day (if you're not glued to TikTok all day, that is), which is why we do not sell devices with a lower battery life percentage.
Operating devices at room temperature is not always possible, which significantly reduces the battery life of these devices, and we understand how important it is to be able to have a functional phone, iPad or iWatch, that does not require constant charging.
8) Is a return policy made available to you?
Even when purchasing refurbished, you should always double-check that a return policy is made available. If you don’t get a return policy, it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Loop offers a 30 day, free of charge, return policy. We decided it needed to be straight, and to the point, so that we provide a good user experience for our customers.
9) Is my refurbished product more likely to fail?
Because manufacturers offer little (or no) warranty protection for refurbs, repairs may be pricey if you're not careful. For example, buying a refurbished iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 4 from Apple will get you an item in like-new condition — even if it's technically used — because all devices sold by Apple come with standard warranties. Additionally, third-party sellers must pass stringent testing procedures before selling any certified pre-owned product. That means you can trust that your device has been thoroughly inspected before reaching your doorstep.
Loop deals directly with Apple and offers a 12-month warranty that cover all technical malfunctions (except for water damage, accidental damage, loss or theft). So, if you're worried about getting ripped off with a refurbished product that isn't quite up to snuff, but you still want to own the latest technology and feel secure in your purchase, you can turn to us.
10) Are Apple products cleansed before being sold?
Of course, but while companies like Apple might be meticulous when it comes to ensuring that each device is sold in great condition, those who buy used electronics may not know what they’re getting when buying refurbished or pre-owned apple devices from resellers they do not know. Doing your own research on these sellers and retailers should give you the satisfaction you are looking for before committing to the purchase.
If you find a pristine-looking MacBook Pro online for half of its original price, don’t jump on it right away... unless it’s from Loop.
The Ultimate Blue-tiful Experience: Blue Parks and Marine Conservation
WOMEN IN TECH & THE GENDER GAP
How Companies like Loop Are closing the gap in the industry